Wednesday 6 May 2015

Like Totally 80's

"When i listen to old music, it's one of the few times, I actually have a kind of a love for humanity"- Crumb 1994

So music has always been there in my life. Be it, rock, classic, folk, country, i have listened to every kind. But when i talk about music, 80's is the era that i connect to a lot. It was something about the music then, it makes you happy and just love life. So, i have been listening to a lot of 80's hits recently and here is a list of my top 5 favourite 80's songs.

On number five is this amazing soft rock anthem written for the film Mannequin which remained atop of UK singles charts for weeks and weeks. The song's by Starship and goes with the titles, "Nothing's gonna stop us now". This is a band which was formed in 1970 and has got another major hit "We built this city".

This  is an empowering song. It has played a major role in 1993 for Montreal Canadians NHL team during a Stanley Cup. the song was played throughout the playoff games which led to their win. Amazing fact there, right? I love this song for it's beat and music and amazing lyrics. It has just got a unique, positive vibe and i can listen to it over and over again. So if you haven't listened to it, get your headphones on and you'll definitely see yourself dancing to the beat.

Now on number four is this "oh so amazing" hit by U2, With or Without you. Everyone falls in love with this hit as soon as they hear it. I did too four years ago and i still listen to it everyday on my way to work. This song made me fall in love with this band. It is a combination of shimmering,sheeny production and Bono's amazing vocals. You gotta hear it if you haven't already! You'll end up singing " I can't live with or without you", that is a fact. The song's magical.

"I will never let you see-The way my broken heart is hurting me-I've got my pride and i know how to hide-All the sorrow and pain-I'll do my crying in the rain". I ain't a very emotional person but i came across this beautiful song by a-ha a few days ago and since then it has been on my playlist.The song is actually a cover and it was originally sung by The Everly Brothers in 1962. So Yes you got a classic there and it takes the number 3 spot on my list.

So this next song is so close to my heart. I remember i heard this in London in 2012 during christmas when this was "The Christmas song" that year. Every shop or restruant i used to go to, Last Christmas was the only song they used to play and everytime i listen to it now, it takes me back to those days. This 1984 single was by a british pop duo Wham! It has been covered by many different artists but nobody came close to the original version.This song is my "family song" too because surprisingly my siblings love it too and we sing it together whenever we are home in our so -not-amazing voices. It's a dance-rock holiday song and if you are not in a good mood, Last Christmas will do the healing.

This hard rock,glam metal song takes the crown for me. Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer.I love it-Period. The song was released in late 1986 and was well received in all charts and Billboards. The song's so powerful that it became the band's signature song. It is about a fictional working class couple who struggle to make ends meet and maintain their relationship.
"Take my hand and we'll make it i swear- Woah livin' on a prayer", you'll love it like i do. So much love !!!!

So i am done with my top favourite 80's songs. Good list there, Sir!!!
 I hope you had an amazing time reading this blog and do check out all these hits if you haven't already.


No comments:

Post a Comment